cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Hide Resource Center in the Creo Browser when launching

llie
16-Pearl

Hide Resource Center in the Creo Browser when launching

All,

Is there a different way to disable the ridiculous Resource Center window when starting Creo 3? I know I can do the following listed in CS174199. I do not want to have to add this setting in my users creo_parametric_customization.ui file.

IT SHOULD BE A SIMPLE CONFIG SETTING

Disable: Open the Welcome to Creo dialog via File > Help > Online Resources Button and uncheck the check box Show me the Resource Center in the Creo Browser when launching and close window.

When a creo_parametric_customization.ui with Welcome to Creo Window disabled is renamed as creo_parametric_admin_customization.ui and placed in Creo Load point\text directory, this setting is not recognized by Creo Parametric 3.0 on next launch.

Please help. There has to be another way.

Lance

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:llie)

If this is the same window that's been bugging me, it has a "don't show me again" button on the bottom.

Maybe a support case is in order if the functionality is offered but not supported elsewhere.

Antonius,

Thank you for your reply. You are correct, but the issue I have is that it becomes part of the .ui file. It needs to be controlled easier incase we want to turn it on and blast out stuff to the users or just don't want to deal with it.

We have the ability to turn the following tabs and the Intelligent Fastener.

enable_3dmodelspace_browser_tab no

enable_partcommunity_tab no

enable_resource_browser_tab no

intelligent_fastener_enabled no

afx_enabled no

I will be opening a ticket with PTC.

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

try to place your creo_parametric_customization.ui in Your working directory (not workspace)

and set config option "load_ui_customization_run_dir yes".

breed
4-Participant

I use a script to copy the creo_parametric_Customization.ui and creo_parametric_admin_Customization.ui files to the users computers each time they start Creo. So I would check the box and then restart Creo and the message box would come back. I did not realize it was updating the .ui file. I copied the updated .ui file and am pushing that out now. This allows me to make changes and know users will get them the next time they start Creo. Maybe something like that could be a workaround for now.

I do agree that this setting would be better as a config.pro option. 

Mat
13-Aquamarine
13-Aquamarine

Hi llie,

I had the same issue this week.

Reading an article on codex was quite eye opening (Codex:Creo -->Creo UI Customization).

It says, that creo_parametric_Customization.ui has to be placed in <User>\Application Data\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire\.wf\.Settings.

I solved it by running this script:

rem check, if User has own creo_parametric_customization.ui in <user-directory>

if exist "<user-directory>\creo_parametric_customization.ui" (

rem copy user config to appdata

copy /Y <user-directory>\creo_parametric_customization.ui %appdata%\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire\.wf\.Settings

) else (

rem copy company config to appdata

copy /Y <company-directory>\creo_parametric_customization.ui %appdata%\PTC\ProENGINEER\Wildfire\.wf\.Settings

)

load_ui_customization_run_dir in config.pro is set to "yes"

works like a charm.

Top Tags