cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Hole Axis Not Displayed in Model

pstapler
3-Visitor

Hole Axis Not Displayed in Model

I have a model created in Creo 2.0. I created a standard drilled hole feature. The hole is created on a plane and coaxial to an axis in another protrusion. While the hole is being completed, I can visibly see the hole axis and feature name of the hole axis. Upon completing the feature, the axis disappears. The axis is not on any layer. I can do a search for the axis name and it finds the axis and highlights the hole on the screen. Axis display is turned on. I do not have a config.sup. However, the axis is simply not displayed on the screen.

The workaround I have found is if I first place the hole feature linearly, it puts the hole axis in the feature and displays it. I can then redefine the hole feature and change it to coaxial and it leaves the hole axis in the feature and displays it on the screen.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Patrick

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:pstapler)

I tried this and I don't see that an axis is created when creating a coaxial hole. However, once I changed the hole to linear, it created the axis and then I changed the hole back to coaxial and it kept the axis that was created with the linear hole. I know this isn't a solution but just an observation of the behavior. I assume that the idea behind not creating an axis with a coaxial hole is because by definition, there is already an axis at that location. I understand that there could be other reasons for wanting a separate axis but I'm thinking PTC may have done this on purpose.

Seems they should have just left it alone. Here is my reasoning, when you turn a datum axis into a datum annotation reference, you cant show it on the drawing. So you then have to create a separate datum axis in the model for showing on the drawing. this used o not be an issue in WF 5.0.

rcook
6-Contributor
(To:pstapler)

By "datum annotation reference", are you talking using an axis as a Set Datum Tag? You can show it on the drawing by selecting the "Display Datum Graphics" checkbox in the Properties box. It will then show on the drawing like any other axis. No need to recreate it.

datum.jpg

Check if the coaxial hole feature is on a hidden layer or is hidden in the model tree. That would cause this behavior as well.

I just tried to replicate your results and could not do so. Both axes show up properly when layers and features are unhidden.

Top Tags