cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How do I save part files as .stl file in Creo Parametric Student Edition?

ptc-2981075
1-Newbie

How do I save part files as .stl file in Creo Parametric Student Edition?

I'm a student doing a senior design project at my university using Creo Parametric Student Edition. I can't figure out how to save my .prt files as .stl files in order to 3D print them. I've read online that saving as a .stl file should be an option under "save a copy" but it's never there. What's going on?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-2981075)

Welcome to the forum.

Since you are on a student edition, I cannot open the files, but once you are in your file. Do a File, Save As and then below where you type the name, select the .stl extension as the type of file you want to save. Then type in the name you want to save it as if it is different from the default. That should work.

Thanks, Dale

Carolyn,

Part files are correct to export in STL format. Seems to be due to some license issue on your side. Can you upload details about your license in use?

There might be an issue of the part is not solid. If it is a surface model, the STL save-as option is not available.

Yes, STL will be available for solid models only.

Welcome to the forum, Carolyn!

Top Tags