cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo 2.0 and Wildfire 5.0 on same machine - test site

jhall2
6-Contributor

Creo 2.0 and Wildfire 5.0 on same machine - test site

Hello all,

I searched around the forum and couldn't seem to find this question, so here we go.

We are about to update from Creo Elements Wildfire 5.0 to Creo 2.0 and Windchill 9 to Windchill 10. We are wondering if we need a seperate computer set up as a stand alone test site, or can this be done on a production machine which we are currently using to model and work with?

I suspect it would be best to have a seperate installation rather than some sort of dual installation.

Thanks,

James

4 REPLIES 4
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:jhall2)

I have them on the same machine. You have to have a separate installation directories and separate config.pro directories else it will over write the old ones even if you are doing a clean install.

Once that is done, should should be good. Just remember that you don't want to open and save any current - non test files and save them in Creo 2.0 because thing are not backwards compatible.

With those thing in mind, you could copy some test files to a new directory and work on them there so that if an assembly is called up in WF5, you don't get any issues with a part already being saved in C2.0.

Thanks, Dale

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

I forgot to mention that I do not have windchill this was just WF5 and Creo.

James,

if you want to test Creo 2.0 linked to Windchill 10, then it would be better to set up separate computer as a stand alone test site. This is my personal opinion, only.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
jhall2
6-Contributor
(To:jhall2)

Thanks everyone. I think I will go with the seperate computer idea. I am more comfortable with that.

James.

Top Tags