cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to add view names in drawing.

malbrecht
1-Newbie

How to add view names in drawing.

Hi,
We change our view projections and toggle from 1rd angle projection (Europe) to 3rd angle projection (US).
To avoid mistakes, (of course symbol in Title block is changed) we want to add the name of the projected view under each drawing view.
The config option: make_proj_view_notes = YES , do it automatically.
But: the view name is the default name, and the system write the view name twice as shown in picture.

It seems not possible to define the option to write a view name only one time, but always twice "view_name-view_name"
Users need to manually correct it.
Did someone use that option "make_proj_view_notes = YES" and how do you manage that please?

Thanks.
(Creo Element Pro Wildfire 5.0)
view-name.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

@malbrecht, I was looking for the same option today, and like your question, I had trouble placing the view label in the required formatting that I want. I needed a view label for aux view with the single view name not duplicating by default. And I guess for the projection views, it is not possible to format it into single view name because I could not find any setting to modify the view note formatting; instead for Auxiliary views, we have this setting. So, if that can help in your case, use the auxiliary view as it has the same functionality but additionally you have to pick the reference for projection as an requirement. You can check the attached video for more details, how aux views can be alternate solution for this. And I can understand, it may be not important for you now but it would give you some perspective. Very disappointing to see there was no reply and not better solution for this problem yet.

@KulbirSandhu you can change "projection view note format" manually by saving .dtl file and edit using note pad. Default setting have name format as "Default". If we can find the default format setting, i think this can be edited as required.

AR_10002308_0-1681111534900.png

Top Tags