cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to not display Axes on start up

RWL
8-Gravel
8-Gravel

How to not display Axes on start up

My config.pro is set to "not" display any datums, points, etc on start-up except for "Axis display".

I need to have it not display those on start-up as well.

I have gone into my config.pro file and set the following:

display_axes no

display_asis_tags no

I have shut down and restarted and stell, the axes are stil on at start up whenever I open a drawing or model. All of the oeher dadums are off.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Roger

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:RWL)

Check for all config files in session from File > Help > System information. It will give you list of all configs in session. 

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
TomU
23-Emerald IV

Check the other config files, especially if you have a config.sup.  That one will override all others.

I prefer to have all of them off by default, but have the tags appear when manually turned on, so I use the following settings:

display_axes no
display_axis_tags yes
display_coord_sys no
display_coord_sys_tags yes
display_planes no
display_plane_tags yes
display_points no
display_point_tags yes

RWL
8-Gravel
8-Gravel
(To:TomU)

We are using CREO 2, and the file that I am working with is:

c:\users\myname\my documents\creo\config.pro

The only other file n the CREO folder is config.win.

There is a config.pro file in the PTC folde, which is in the same folder as the CREO folder, but that file has "display_axes" set to no as well.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

After closing Creo, edit config file in text editor and check for config options in that file. If options are there, launch creo and check config options with in Creo. 

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

After restart Creo, check the config file to confirm that axis display is set to no. sometimes admin configure batch file to overwrite the existing config with new from central location. 

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Possibly you have multiple config.pro files loading or you have the option specified in the config.sup which would not allow you to change the option at all.

You can see what config files are loading by looking in FILE - OPTIONS - CONFIGURATION EDITOR and pushing the drop down arrow shown in the image below.

configprofiles.jpg

RWL
8-Gravel
8-Gravel
(To:StephenW)

I have checked the config.pro file to confirme that "display_axes" is still set to no, and it is.

I went into the conguration editor, and see that is is still set to yes there.

Again, I have no other config.pro files other that the one in the PTC folder and "display_axis" is set to no there as well.

I have no config.sup file, or at least not that I can find. Where would it be located?

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Check for all config files in session from File > Help > System information. It will give you list of all configs in session. 

File > Help > System information was the ticket.

Thanks so much. 

It turnes out that my installation is pointing to ( C:\users\documents\config.pro ), and that is where I had to go to get the axes turned off at start up.

My boss's system, however, is pointing to C:\users\documents\hisname\my documents\creo\config.pro )

what is the purpose for there being two config.pro files, in different places, and what is the difference between them?

Were is the setting that tells creo which config.pro file to look at?

BTW: There is another config.pro and a config.sup, and there are both located in

( C:\program files\ptc\creo 2.0\common files\mo90\text\........)

This config.pro files has almost nothing in it.

The config.sup file has the settings for "Tags" but not for the actual datums.

Roger

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Page can't be found.

dschenken
21-Topaz I

Page URL is fine - look at the URL that is trying to be opened and compare to what is on the comment. There may be an extra identifier that is being added by your browser. It should end with ".html"

http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/index.html#page/fundamentals/fundamentals/fund_five_sub/About_Configuration_Files.html

RWL
8-Gravel
8-Gravel
(To:dschenken)

That fixed the URL, and the page came up just fine.

Thanks

TomU
23-Emerald IV

what is the purpose for there being two config.pro files, in different places, and what is the difference between them?

This is probably being cased by the "start in" location of the shortcut you are using to launch Creo.  The start in location will automatically become your working directory and the default location for your config file.

RWL
8-Gravel
8-Gravel

Cool, Thanks,

I will tak a look

RWL
8-Gravel
8-Gravel

Yup, that was it.

My "Start In" directory is the same as the location of the config.pro file that fixed my axes display setting.

As always, this was another very good education, which I have documented for myself.

Thanks again.

Ro

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

If you got the answer, mark the post as solved. 

I would be happy to. How do I do that?

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Select "Accept as Solution" under appropriate reply. 

Done.

Marked as solved.

Thanks to all,

Roger

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Double check in your config.pro that display axes is not listed twice (or more times). The last display_axes line in a config.pro would be the setting that win.

RWL
8-Gravel
8-Gravel

Correction to my last post:

My insallation is pointed to ( c:\users\rleseberg\documents\config.pro )

RWL
8-Gravel
8-Gravel

Another correction to that post:

My boss's system is pointing to (c:\users\hisname\my documents\creo\config.pro ).

Top Tags