cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

How to reinstall?

DougSmith
1-Newbie

How to reinstall?

Hello,

My apologies if this topic is covered lots, but I've had problems finding relevent information that helps me.

I had PTC Wildfire installed on my PC. I had to reinstall my OS, and now when I try to install Wildfire, I get a message saying that the license has been installed too many times. I guess two is one too many. I'm not sure what to do, as it seems that I need a support contract in order to get in touch with PTC.

thanks

7 REPLIES 7

If you start from scratch, it shouldn't see anything. But you need to use the windows uninstall to remove everything PTC including the license manager.

Next, download the full zipped package (program and help). Unzip this into an install folder (a temp folder). Then run the install from there. It will ask for your license file which you can drag and drop into the selection.

Make sure you have all the options added (Mechanism is not added by default!).

And run it.

I assume you are a current maintenance customer? If this doesn't work, you can log a case and they will walk you through it. It could well be that you have a discrepancy with the NIC card. It happens.

See where this gets you and if you have more issues, holler.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I don't have a licence file, I only have a serial. I'm not a current mainenance customer, I have an educator license.

cheers

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:DougSmith)

You may call a (VAR) - reseller and see if they may be able to help you since you have already bought the software.

Do you have to be a maintenance customer if you have a educational version?

You will probably have to get in touch with PTC and get as new license.

Yeah, that's just the thing... how does a person actually get in touch with PTC if they don't have a support contract? Just use the general feedback form?

cheers

You friendly local VAR as Dale recommends, or try sending Tim Brotherhood a PM on the forum for contact info to the right department.

You can find a software reseller (VAR) here: http://www.ptc.com/appserver/search/resellers.jsp

Top Tags