cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to show number calculated in relations in Feet-Inch units?

AL_6480234
1-Newbie

How to show number calculated in relations in Feet-Inch units?

I am using Creo Parametric Release 8.0 and Datecode8.0.4.0

We manufacture round tanks and need to use a feet-inch tape on the shop floor. Need a way to show the tank circumference in feet-inches on the drawing. We calculate the circumference using a relation formula and can only display the number in inches. How to display in feet-inches?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

One of those responses is mine, suggesting a text way to show the dimension. Here's a simple few relations that will get a rounded value of the feet and inches into a text string...

circumouter = PI * diaouter
txtcircum   = ITOS ( floor ( circumouter / 12 ) ) + "'-"
txtcircum   = txtcircum + ITOS ( floor ( ( circumouter - 12 * floor ( circumouter / 12 ) ) ) + 0.5 ) + '"'

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

One of those responses is mine, suggesting a text way to show the dimension. Here's a simple few relations that will get a rounded value of the feet and inches into a text string...

circumouter = PI * diaouter
txtcircum   = ITOS ( floor ( circumouter / 12 ) ) + "'-"
txtcircum   = txtcircum + ITOS ( floor ( ( circumouter - 12 * floor ( circumouter / 12 ) ) ) + 0.5 ) + '"'

Top Tags