cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

IFX not loading fasteners into assembly

NS_10776825
3-Visitor

IFX not loading fasteners into assembly

I am using Creo Parametric Release 9.0 and Datecode9.0.4.0

I am using IFX to load fasteners into my assembly. When I go to re-open my assembly, the fasteners are missing from the model and give errors in the model tree. Is there any configuration settings I need to make to specify a path for these fasteners?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I tested adding screw ... see picture.

MartinHanak_0-1694155393328.png

When I saved the assembly fastener models were saved into working directory. This is the way how Creo works.

MartinHanak_1-1694155492247.png

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:NS_10776825)

What is your error?

If the folder/path for fasteners is not called out in your config file Creo doesn't know where to look for them.

Is it "missing component" and you can go a retrieve the component?

It is missing component.  I am familiar with editing the config file for search paths, however I do not know where Creo stores the fasteners they use in the IFX tool, so I'm not sure on how to specify that path. 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

The are under the <Creo loadpoint>/Common Files/ifx

Use <Creo Loadpoint>/Common Files/ifx...  in your search path file so Creo will search in the sub-folders without specifying them directly.

This was my first thought, however no luck.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Do you know the file name?

Can you do a File Explorer search on the file name searching in the sub-directories too?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I am guessing no Windchill, so it then comes down to search paths and definitions of where the IFX library is located for your Creo session to pull the files.

Adding them to an assembly by navigating to their location requires nothing special in Creo configuration. You just browse through the folders to find the files and assembly them in your model. Creo only saves the component name, not its location. To reopen an assembly and load the components, you need search paths so Creo knows where to look for the component objects.

A word of caution with search paths, be careful of the order of the search path folders and file names. If you have the same file name in 2 folders, Creo will pull the first occurrence it finds, which could be the wrong object.

Hi,

I tested adding screw ... see picture.

MartinHanak_0-1694155393328.png

When I saved the assembly fastener models were saved into working directory. This is the way how Creo works.

MartinHanak_1-1694155492247.png

Martin Hanák

Thank you all for the help.  If you use the ANSI standard fasteners in Creo, by default, Creo knows where to look to locate them in IFX file locations.  If you use generic fasteners, the generated files are stored in the working directory which needs to be specified in a search path for the assembly to re-open them. 

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags