cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Import point cloud .pts file

mgrass
1-Newbie

Import point cloud .pts file

Dear all,

I have a 3D scan file and want to import it to CREO 3.0.

I do not have the reverse engineering license.

All I want is to import the xyz points from the file - as points.

I don't want to generate any surfaces or solids from the points. I only want the points.

Is this possible without the reverse engineering license?

If not, why do I get as far as I get (shown in the images below)? Why does it allow be to select a .pts file if in fact I cannot import a .pts file?

I get as far as shown in the images below. It seems to always want to create a solid or surface body. But I want the raw points as datum points or as a single feature with all points inside it.

Any kind of help is appreciated.

i've tried automatic, geometry, facet and curve...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mgrass
1-Newbie
(To:mgrass)

actually I found the solution mysself:

My .pts file (exported from Faro Scene) had the number of points in the first line followed by a line for each point with the xyz coordinates.

after deleting the first line - it all worked well.

The points and only the points are shown - just as I wanted them to.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mgrass
1-Newbie
(To:mgrass)

actually I found the solution mysself:

My .pts file (exported from Faro Scene) had the number of points in the first line followed by a line for each point with the xyz coordinates.

after deleting the first line - it all worked well.

The points and only the points are shown - just as I wanted them to.

Glad to read you worked things out Max; would you please mark your own answer as correct?  This lets everyone in the community know 🙂

Best,

Toby

Thank you Max - in a short discussion like this, it is clear you have found the solution.  For longer discussions, it makes the answer jump to the top and the knowledge easy to find.

Best,

Toby

Top Tags