cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Install customize: application custom setting (Application Features) / *platforms: windows 32 bit (greyed out & box Checked)?? NO OPTION for 64 bit? Machine is 64 bit WINDOWS 10.

jdoe
1-Newbie

Install customize: application custom setting (Application Features) / *platforms: windows 32 bit (greyed out & box Checked)?? NO OPTION for 64 bit? Machine is 64 bit WINDOWS 10.

I take it it's going to run in x64 mode after install. Any help would be helpfull before I press OK & INSTALL!!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesAvis
13-Aquamarine
(To:jdoe)

In that case, you must have downloaded the 32 bit installer, since Creo 3 separates them into different downloads (unlike previous versions).  The performance will be similar unless you attempt to work with something requiring more than about 2.5GB of memory, then it will exit.

If your question is answered or no longer needs answering, please change the status accordingly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gkoch
1-Newbie

Some specific third-party or auxiliary applications may still be available in 32-bit only.

Creo Parametric itself should come with 32 and 64 bit.

Only Wildfire 4.0 had different downloads for different machine types.

JamesAvis
13-Aquamarine

What version and date code are you installing?  Creo 2 combined 32 and 64 bit in one installer, but Creo 3 separates them into two separate installers.

jdoe
1-Newbie
(To:JamesAvis)

Thanks for the reply James. The version is Creo Parametric_ 3.0 Date_Code F000. I thought it was the x64 version, but like my previous post said, I didn't see a option to choose x64 . It just shows the 32 bit option and it is selected & Greyed out. So I just went ahead and did the install. I'm sure performance would be better if it was x64, but so far running fine no problems. 

JamesAvis
13-Aquamarine

In that case, you must have downloaded the 32 bit installer, since Creo 3 separates them into different downloads (unlike previous versions).  The performance will be similar unless you attempt to work with something requiring more than about 2.5GB of memory, then it will exit.

If your question is answered or no longer needs answering, please change the status accordingly.

Top Tags