cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Launching WF4 on 64-Bit PC After Originally Installed on 32-Bit PC

MikeBills
7-Bedrock

Launching WF4 on 64-Bit PC After Originally Installed on 32-Bit PC

I have just installed WF4 M070 (32-bit) for testing. Pro/E was installed on a 32-bit workstation and launches fine for other 32-bit client workstations (floating licenses). I'm having a problem launching Pro/E on my 64-bit workstation.....get nothing....not even an xtop in the Processes.

Over the past few releases of Pro/E not much has changed in the way that we install and distribute to other machines. We do the installation on one 32-bit workstation with the loadpoint being a network drive and then XCOPY all those files to the different client workstations (32 & 64-bit). No additional file massaging for 64-bit workstations. However, as mentioned before, the 64-bit workstations won't launch as it used to.

Here's a somewhat lame workaround. We've found that If "ENV=PRO_MACHINE_TYPE=i486_nt" is added to the .psf the 64-bit will launch fine, which then makes the 32-bit un-launchable. This would mean we'd require 2 different .psf files (i.e. pro32bit.psf & pro64bit.psf) for launching. Is there a better line or maybe conditional statement that could be added to the .psf to better handle this? Thanks for any info.

Mike Bills
Ingersoll Cutting Tools
Rockford, IL

2 REPLIES 2

This is just a portion that is used in a startup script where I'm working at. The first line would have to have the ELSE set to another directory that is particular to your company.

IF %PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE% == AMD64 (set SETXX=setx) ELSE (set SETXX=i:\iessupport\setx)

set winver=i486_nt
if %PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE% == AMD64 set winver=x86e_win64

Eric

Mike, Do you use Intralink, and do you know how BAT files work?

David

Top Tags