cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Layer default

VitToolDesign
1-Newbie

Layer default

Running CREO 2.  How do I stop the creation of default layers?  I have a start part that has the layers I need with rules.

I have two datum plane layers.  One for default and one for everything else.  I create a new part using my start part.  Create a datum plane.  The datum plane I created goes to my rule base layer but also creates a default layer.  I can delete the default layer but if I create another datum plane it creates another default layer.

See below.  Is this a Config setup issue?  If so can I change it and how?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

The blue icon means these come from config.pro "def_layer" entries.  Remove them from your config.pro file and these layers will no longer be created.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Thanks for the reply.

I assume you mean these def_layers entries?

When I delete this line it still creates the layer named DATUM_PLANE

Is there something else I have to do?

Those are the ones.  You need to delete them and may need to restart Creo for the change to take effect.  Make sure that you don't have two config.pro file loading too.

--
LinkedIn

I deleted them from the CONFIG file but it looks like my company uses a master config file also.  Even though the default layers don't show up in the config file it's still creating them automatically.

I think by default, Creo only shows the options loaded from the last file.  You can see if multiple config files are being loaded by clicking the drop down list in the config editor:

Capture.JPG

You can see here that Creo is loading the two company files from the loadpoint folder and my personal config file from the start in folder.

--
LinkedIn
Top Tags