cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

License Monitor

TerryMcFall
1-Newbie

License Monitor

We're looking at purchasing license monitoring/reporting software and I was wondering what others are using. Currently we have a bunch of batch files running lmtools.

So far it appears that the commercial software products cater to very large installations - 100+ licenses, but we have 30 at the most.

If you monitor less than 100 licenses, can you recommend a software package?

Thanks,
-Ter

Terrence McFall
CAD Systems Administrator
Varian Medical Systems
Palo Alto, CA USA

650-424-6039 desk
650-799-0179 cell

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

I suggest you contact Muirhead, Edwin [

Hi folks, happy to help with the CADminTools license tracker, it's nearly ready for re-release, if you'd like to beta-test drop me a line!

(and if you have any stories of your use of this software in the past, I'm looking for another case study!)

Regards

Edwin

I just noticed that both talks are on Wednesday morning.

CUST301 An Admins Guide to License Management
slapha
15-Moonstone
(To:TerryMcFall)

We're currently using LAMUM from TeamEDA.com.So far we're relatively happy. It outputs historical graphs, current usage, denials, etc. They have email notifications for daemon down or long license checkouts.They update it frequently and are willing to listen to improvement requests. I can't speak to the cost of it because our customer purchased the software.

I can say thathaving a license monitoring tool, any tool, has greatly helped us in trying to figure out what's going on with our license shortages. Without it we would have ended up buying more licenses rather than deal with internalissues or simplechanges to how we do business.

Open-Source License Tracker with linked User Databases now available at no cost:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cadmintools5/

This uses ASP web pages to display the data, with batch scripts handling the logging via lmutil. An access database holds everything together in the background.

The SourceForge project includes a wiki, documentation will be added as required - most things are self-explanatory.

If you download it and track license usage, let me know how it goes - look forward to hearing how others benefit, we've seen great benefits over a number of years with hundreds of licenses...

And the databases are very useful - just today I was able to instantly email all our eastern hemisphere Creo users with a couple of clicks.

Next month in Boston I'll talk about this some more, see you there!

Cheers
Ed Muirhead

In Reply to Terrence McFall:

We're looking at purchasing license monitoring/reporting software and I was wondering what others are using. Currently we have a bunch of batch files running lmtools.

So far it appears that the commercial software products cater to very large installations - 100+ licenses, but we have 30 at the most.

If you monitor less than 100 licenses, can you recommend a software package?

Thanks,
-Ter

Terrence McFall
CAD Systems Administrator
Varian Medical Systems
Palo Alto, CA USA

650-424-6039 desk
650-799-0179 cell

Great to see you're reviving CADMinTools Edwin!

I no longer work in that realm, but I really appreciated being able to use it back in the day!

Best of luck to you on the presentation!

Joshua Houser

(have I talked to you about FIRST robotics yet?)

Pelco by Schneider Electric

Methods & Tools Sr. Engineer

Hi Josh, great to hear from you, and thanks for the encouragement!!

See you soon,

Ed

Top Tags