cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

License is lost error message after renewing yearly license

ptc-6625367
1-Newbie

License is lost error message after renewing yearly license

I am getting a "licence is lost" error message even after renewing my yearly license. How do I get rid of this message so I can save files?

7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the forum, Jack.

Did you replace your license file?

Is this an academic version or something?

I'm going to suggest you have a problem reading the correct MAC address.

Thank you for the responce. We replaced our license file by using the Re-Licensing guide from PTC. It is CREO 2.0 Student Edition. We are an FTC team trying to save file on a Windows 8 machine.

Is this on the same machine as it was running before?

Technically this is the recommended route by requesting a support case... Lower left of the page.

http://www.ptc.com/communities/academic-program/technical-support

If the licensing process included getting a MAC address of some sort, it is very easy to get something oher than the actual, physical network card's address. Also problems in how they are listed in your registry can cause havok. Maybe it is stuck trying t read the old license. I'm just guessing here since I run the full version, but this is a very common problem although manifest differently.

Jack,

to resolve the licensing problem (in Creo Parametric 2.0), you can check/modify the contents of ...\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin\parametric.psf file (in Notepad).

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-= ... contains the path to license file

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME= ... contains Creo license name

I can check your parametric.psf file, if you want . Click Use advanced editor link in top right corner of Reply window and then click Browse button under text area to upload the file.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

So what do I do when I find the path to the license file? Do I need to copy this into some other string of text within the file?

Right now, we cannot use CREO at all since it will not allow us to save a file. Any help would be appreciated!

Jack,

1.] ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-= line in parametric.psf file

Valid path to license file must be present after second equal sign.

Eq. E:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PTC\Licensing\BK390206EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat

2.] license file

Open license file in Notepad.

Find block of lines similar to the following example:

---

INCREMENT CREOPMA_Student2 ptc_d 34.0 23-may-2014 uncounted \

80604020B0E9218A87FD VENDOR_STRING="VSVER=2.0 \

LO=(0,6,7,10,17,19,32,34,48,51,61,69,73,110,115,127,128,135,137,155,188,191,283,325,326)" \

HOSTID=PTC_HOSTID=00-11-22-33-44-55 SUPERSEDE \

ISSUER=PTC-WEB-CREOSTUDENT2 ISSUED=23-MAY-2013 \

NOTICE="abc@efg.com, " SIGN2="07A0 0C10 C165 \

7B45 7FCE E0AE 8D2A FDF8 EE61 731D D362 73BC 87A9 \

87CA 1923 0F71 E2B6 C2A0 D229 4FAD 12CD C306 E678 \

E918 4360 9A75 5425 396B C4E9 BA00"

---

In INCREMENT CREOPMA_Student2 ptc_d ... line, 34.0 string must be present (34.0=Creo Parametric 2.0).

---

After HOSTID=PTC_HOSTID= string, valid MAC address of your network card must be present.

You can open Command Prompt window and run ipconfig /all command to see MAC address of your network card.

---

3.] ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME= line in parametric.psf file

Valid license name (located after INCREMENT keyword (see step 2. ... CREOPMA_Student2)

I can check your parametric.psf file and license file, if you want . Click Use advanced editor link in top right corner of Reply window and then click Browse button under text area to upload the file.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

In INCREMENT CREOPMA_Student2 ptc_d ... line, you can also find license END DATE.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags