cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

License request failed for feature (Creo 3.0)

RayTronic
3-Visitor

License request failed for feature (Creo 3.0)

After installing a new router at the office, we (floating license for 2 workplaces) get "License request failed for feature/Cannot read license file data from license server system" warning when we start Creo 3.0 (M030).
Our IT guy says, new router is configured like the old one. (But I don't think so.)
Don't I have to open a port on the new router for Creo?

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Ray

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for answering.

Creo is running now. After reading your e-mail our IT guy restarted the serive "lmadmin.exe" on the license server and that seemed to be solution.

Ray

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

1.] Log in to license server, find FLEXnet installation and run ptcstatus.bat from bin subdirectory. Command output will tell you whether license manager is running and licenses are available.

2.] Check whether firewall is ON on license server. If it is ON then temporarily turn it OFF and test Creo starting in your machine. In case of success you have to define firewall rules enabling communication between Creo application and license manager. You have to enable inbound communication for lmadmin.exe, lmgrd.exe and ptc_d.exe on license server.

3.] Please provide details about new router.

Martin Hanák

Thanks for answering.
I tried everything you suggested.

1) Output is as follows:
Displaying status for license file: 7788@SERVER42
Warning (-61): Cannot read license file data from license server system.
Server name: SERVER42
License path: 7788@SERVER42
FLEXnet Licensing error:-61,48

2) I turned firewall off but Creo still didn't start.

3) Router is a "FRITZ!Box 7560".

Ray Tronic

Thanks for answering.

Creo is running now. After reading your e-mail our IT guy restarted the serive "lmadmin.exe" on the license server and that seemed to be solution.

Ray

thank you

Top Tags