cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Looking for help with Job Manager.

ChrisKirchen
1-Newbie

Looking for help with Job Manager.

I'm trying to get Job Manager running so that I can utilize the unused cores on my computer and other computers on our network.

Here's what I've done so far:

• config.pro opion nc_jobman_visible is set to yes
  • Close any open ProE processes
  • Stop nmsd.exe with Task Manager
  • Using Command Prompt, I ran dcadsetup.bat (in /bin). At first, I had two errors about two DLLs missing (icudt38.dll and icuuc38.dll), but I added them to the /bin folder (from /x86e_win64/obj)
  • Went to Control Panel>System>Advanced>Environment Variables and added a System Variable as follows: BNFS_START - C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 5.0\x86e_win64\nms\bnfsd.exe
  • Created a file (jobman_comps.dca) in the same directory as my config.pro and filled it with the names of the computers on the network
  • Run ProE
  • Create a sequence and select Submit Path>Now
  • When the Distributed Computing Host Selection window comes up, load jobman_comps.dca with "Open Server File"
  • Select the Host (in this case, my computer)
  • Send the job to the Job Manager by selecting OK

I am able to submit the job to Job Manager, but once there, it ultimately fails (error is "Unable to start Creo Elements/Pro on host"). It usually takes about 5 to 10 minutes. At first I thought it was the sequence itself, but even a simple drill sequence fails the same way.

Does anyone have experience getting Job Manager to work?

I'm running 5.0 build M080.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

I have been using it very rarely for about 2 years. Not that great of a feature for my application. It sounds like you have done all the necessary steps. I can make a video of how it works for me later today.

ok I remember now. Stopping the nmsd.exe is not enough, after a full system restart and before you start proe dcad needs to be called. I put this in my startup folder and its smooth sailing.

Thanks to Nick for all of his help.

He pointed out that Job Manager needs a free license to run. I only have one license of ProNC, so Job Manager fails because it can't find a free one.

Top Tags