cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Mapkeys help

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst

Mapkeys help

I am trying to use mapkeys to create a table and then justify the table so the text is centered and in the middle. The macro creates the table wth no problems, but it will not apply the settings and I have tried remappng several times and even creating a macro to just apply the settings. Any ideas what would solve this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
Aaronm87
12-Amethyst
(To:Aaronm87)

Here's an update. I can use 1 hot key to create the table, another one will open up the properties window of the table. And this is where I am stuck, the macro will not switch tabs and I cannot figure out why. If I switch tabs, the settings can then be applied by the macro. Is this some sort of focus issue where it is not grabbing the window to apply the commands?

Instead of using a mapkey to create a table, why not create a table, apply the desired the settings, and then save it? Then you can reload that table (create a table from file instead of brand new). You could use a mapkey to reload that saved table. Just an idea.

That seems like a good way of doing it, is there a way to store files like this in a seperate directory that can be called easily? Or do I always have to have the table stored in my working directory?

You can store the table in any directory you want, though the common practice is to store all drawing tables in a folder designtaed for that but that's not essential. I'm suspecting you might have stored tables for a variety of purposes, such as Bill of Material- almost every company does that.

Any way, after you save the table file (*.tbl file), you can create a mapkey to retrieve it instead of browsing every time. Or you can designate the loaction folder as a "favorite" so you find it easiley with one click when you retrieve it.

If you want to save the table files in a separate folder to use them easily;

You can set your pro_format_dir in config.pro

to do this go to

tools

options

write pro_format_dir in bottom lower left box.

browse for the folder location where you have kept your table files and apply

Next time when you want to use the table

click on Table from file

In the left side under common folders you will see a USER FORMAT

Here you will find all your table files.

We generally keep PRO-E drw formats and table files in this folder

I would suggest you to use this if you find it easy

Top Tags