cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Materials Directory on Windchill Help

RCNewton
11-Garnet

Materials Directory on Windchill Help

Hello All,

I am sure someone can point me in the right direction.  I have this in my config file setup. 

pro_material_dir wtpub://windchill.xxxxxxx.com/Libraries/CAD Standards/RSI-Start-Parts/RSI_Material

I populated a couple of test materials to that folder for testing.  They are in the folder.

But Creo is still pointing to the default location. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:RCNewton)

We're testing 5.0.3.0 with the config.pro option pro_material_dir wtpub://SERVERNAME/Libraries/Standard Library/Materials where SERVERNAME is our registered server name. SERVERNAME is case sensitive. We don't have any issues with this config option and accessing the material files. I'd suggest that you double check your registered server name. Regards, Dan N.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Sorry forgot to add snip for the default material directory. 

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I think it may have to do with your Windchill registered name in Creo.

When you register the Windchill server to Creo, you assign Windchill a name, like PDM. It is this name that you use in your config.pro file for any Windchill libraries:

wtpub:\\PDM/Libraries/CAD Standards/RSI-Start-Parts/RSI_Material

The key is that ALL of your users MUST use the PDM registered Windchill name.

BenLoosi,

Thanks for the input. But no dice. Still pointing to the standard directory. 

The same issue on both creo 5.0.3.0 & 5.0.2.0 

Any other Ideas?

Cheers

Craig

dnordin
15-Moonstone

We're testing 5.0.3.0 with the config.pro option pro_material_dir wtpub://SERVERNAME/Libraries/Standard Library/Materials where SERVERNAME is our registered server name. SERVERNAME is case sensitive. We don't have any issues with this config option and accessing the material files. I'd suggest that you double check your registered server name. Regards, Dan N.

That was it!

Case Sensitive.

Thank you so much!!!

Top Tags