cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Max characters in a parameter value

JonTribe
1-Newbie

Max characters in a parameter value

Hi Chaps

We have a set of standard parameters for all our start parts in Pro-E (WF3 M240).

The current character limit for a string parameter value is 80, can anyone tell me, is there a config.pro setting where I could extend this limit to say 200?

I did try a search on here and Google with not much success...

As always thanks in advance...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
benz2
1-Newbie
(To:JonTribe)

body{font-size:10pt;font-family:arial,sans-serif;background-color:#ffffff;color:black;}p{margin:0px;}The definitions for these fundamentals are echoed in those found in Pro/TOOLKIT. They don't derive from TOOLKIT, but TOOLKIT derives from them.

If you look at the definitions for parameters in ProParamval.h, you will see that values are defined as type ProLine, which in turn is defined in ProSizeConst.h as a wchar_t type of length 81 (so, 80 plus a terminator). I don't think you're going to find a way around this.

Ben Franklin
msteffke
12-Amethyst
(To:JonTribe)

Absolutely, I 2nd this answer.

Thanks for the input, looks like I may be a little screwed!

But I will have a go at Matt Ender's succestion of changing from a string-valued parameter to a note-valued parameter and see if this might work for us...

Absolutely, I 2nd this answer.

Top Tags