cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Mechanism Collision detection settings

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

Mechanism Collision detection settings

Does the collision detection setting "Push Objects on collision" works on a kinematics analisys?

I have made some mechanisms with sliders connections and this option enabled but this only seems to work when I drag components, not in a regular analysis with a servo motor.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:Jose_Costa)

It's "funny", I've asked almost the same question a few weeks ago: http://communities.ptc.com/message/229306#229306

But no answer yet...

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor
(To:SylvainA.)

It seems that mechanism isn´t very popular.

SylvainA.
4-Participant

Did you try to add a 3D contact or a cam-follower connection ?

In my case, I finally have added a couple of servomotor in Animation mode but that is obviously not accurate enough for a motion analysis.

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

I´m exploring that options now.

The cam follower connection is a option but it doesn´t seem to work all the time and requires the creation of a lot of extra geometry for the mechanisms i´m trying to create.

3d Contact I haven´t tried yet.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Top Tags