cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Memory Usage in Creo Simulate (Mechanica)

rgiles
1-Newbie

Memory Usage in Creo Simulate (Mechanica)

Hi,

I'm trying to find out whether the memory usage in Mechanica has been increased with the introduction of Creo Simulate. We use Wildfire 4.0 and as far as I'm aware there is a limit of 8 Gb on memory allocation and 16 Gb on the stiffness matrix, which has been the case for many years. Now that I have a machine with 128 Gb RAM installed I wondered if a later version of Mechanica (now Creo Simulate) allows more memory to be used?

Thanks,

Rod

Rod Giles
Principal Engineer - Powertrain CAE
Triumph Designs Ltd

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Rod,

I'm pretty sure Creo allows 16 GB for SOLRAM - not sure about the stiffness matrix limitation.

I've seen significant speed-up on machines with plenty of RAM by creating a large RAM drive and using it for both temporary and results files - there's a lot of random write in the results which takes ages on a spinning HDD. I've used IMdisk with no problems.

Best regards,
Jonathan

Top Tags