cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Modify dimensions of a sweep part after finalize/saving...

cgherghe-2
8-Gravel

Modify dimensions of a sweep part after finalize/saving...

What is the succession of steps to modify a sweep part after the part was finalized and saved?

I will attach a simple part as an example, I want to change the 200 mm length of the sweep to 350 mm (for example).

I have tried going to Edit Definitions, but no matter what I do, I cannot get all the way back to the dimensions that I need to modify... I want to be able to change the dimensions similarly as one can do that for an extrude feature (for example), where you edit after the initial creation and modify the depth of the extrude, or the length or width associated with it. When it comes to a sweep feature, I cannot make it all the way deep to the initial curve sketching level. I am using Creo 3.0.
Thank you, Colin.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

simply doubleclick sweep geometry in graphics windows and you will see this ...

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

simply doubleclick sweep geometry in graphics windows and you will see this ...

MH

Martin Hanák

This really does it, it must be a Creo 3.0 thing, because I tried it in Creo 2.0 and it does not work. But in Creo 3.0 it works like a charm, it is so easy and simple now, great stuff! Thank you!

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:cgherghe-2)

To simply edit the dimensions, do as Martin says above, quick and easy.

To edit the actual sketch, expand the sweep feature, then Edit definition on the sketch, that will put you back in to the sketcher mode.

Stephen, this is exactly what I was trying to do, in the spirit of the Creo 2.0 habits, but it does not work for me -- I do not get to the editing of dimensions no matter what I try -- probably missing something here. But Martin's suggestion is all I need to move forward, thank you all!!

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:cgherghe-2)

Oh, yup, I'm in Creo 3.

Top Tags