cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Newbie question on Creo 2

pbrown
1-Newbie

Newbie question on Creo 2

Hi All,

First time here.

I work at a High School and I have installed Proptcsever, Creo 1? I have just recieved Creo 2.0 as an upgrade.

My question is: Do I install Creo 2 and will it automatically upgrade the original server package or do I have to uninstall the original and start all over again??

Many thanks in advance

Paul

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:pbrown)

Hi Paul,

basically your run the Creo 2 software on whatever system you want to upgrade the software on. Select the same loadpoint for whatever portion you are installing.

I'm guessing "Proptcserver" is the licensing software (FlexLM). You'll want to run the installer on the server and select the "License Server", making sure to choose the original location on the server to install the software.

Pretty much the same thing for installing Creo 2 on a client that currently has Creo 1 running on it.

For getting help from people more familiar with the installation for schools, you'll probably want to make future posts in the "Schools Program" discussion here http://communities.ptc.com/community/academic-program/schools-program

Good luck,

Josh

pbrown
1-Newbie
(To:JoshH)

Thanks Josh on both accounts.

I will install and see how I go.

I wasn't too sure if could install over the top of the existing software etc and unsure if I needed to gain another licence etc for the new update.

Thanks again, I will post here with my outcomes.

Paul

JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:pbrown)

Hi Paul,

you will most likely need to request a new license file.

Generally an updated license file is required for new releases.

pbrown
1-Newbie
(To:JoshH)

Thanks Josh for your help on this..something I almost forgot to ask, I will be on to the licence very shortly.

Paul

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags