cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Number of decimals for Datum points

ptc-5383627
1-Newbie

Number of decimals for Datum points

I have to create a bunch of datums points and I am trying to fine tune them, but it is only allowing me to go to 1 decimal point in accuracy. I found out how to set the decimals for each point individually, but I was wondering if there was a global config or other option so that it defaults to 2 or 3 decimals.

Thanks,

Kevin

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As Clint said, it follows your environment (by default is 2 places[?]). However, the values are like all other dimensions where they are show rounded values. If you edit the feature, highlight a dimension, and select properties in the popup dialog, you can remove the rounding option (rounding only applies to the dimension display).

If the point is associated to a feature, it takes on the actual value of that reference.

point_accuracy.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Kevin,

Assuming you have Creo Parametric, click File > Options > Configuration Editor and add the option "default_dec_places."

Note:

When you right click existing points and click Edit, you will only see the 1 decimal place for existing points. Newly created points will have the new value. If you click "Edit Definition" with the option set, even the existing points will reflect the new setting.

As Clint said, it follows your environment (by default is 2 places[?]). However, the values are like all other dimensions where they are show rounded values. If you edit the feature, highlight a dimension, and select properties in the popup dialog, you can remove the rounding option (rounding only applies to the dimension display).

If the point is associated to a feature, it takes on the actual value of that reference.

point_accuracy.PNG

Thanks for the answers, got it to work. I thought I did that before but obviously did something wrong.

It happens to the best of us

Top Tags