cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Odd Issue with editing PTC_Common_Name in Model Tree

BrettL.
11-Garnet

Odd Issue with editing PTC_Common_Name in Model Tree

Hello Community,

I am experiencing an odd issue with the PTC Common Name in the model tree column not being available for edit either outside of Windchill or in the Windchill Environment for new items before upload. It was previously available with our older start templates but our newer start templates are somehow making this unavailable. The start templates are stored in our Windchill Library.

Rename via the Workspace command functions normally and rename in-session outside of Windchill functions normally but still no access to modifying the ptc common name directly in the model tree with the current templates.

Currently Using Creo 4.0 M040 and Windchill 10.1 M050

Config option: let_proe_rename_pdm_objects yes is set

I also use a mapkey to sync the drawing common name to the model common name (via drawing program) which will not work with the newer start templates. If I save a copy of a file that was created with the older templates, access to the common name is normal behavior which can be edited and the mapkey works to sync the drawing common name.

I can create new start templates and the issue does not exist but would prefer to save the current ones if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Brett

3 REPLIES 3
KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:BrettL.)

When I need to set the PTC_COMMON_NAME and it is "locked" I use a relation, like

PTC_COMMON_NAME = rel_model_name() 

regenerate, then delete or comment out the relation. I have to do this a lot because we'll copy a design and then modify it for a new design, and all the common names will be locked at the old settings.

Hope this helps.

Hi Ken

I applied your suggestion and it will change it to the model name in your example but it still locked from further editing (in workspace or outside of workspace) even after I remove the relation. The odd part about it is if I use an out of the box template, the column in the model tree is editable for the PTC_Common_Name. Trying to avoid recreating all the templates from scratch.

Thanks

Brett

KenFarley
21-Topaz I
(To:BrettL.)

I seem to recall a discussion about this in the past and I think that once the PTC_Common_Name parameter gets locked there is no way to unlock it. That's why the admittedly clumsy "trick" of setting it with a relation was so useful.

Top Tags