cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

PTC Creo Parametric 4.0 M150 Install on Citrix server.

TL_8417542
2-Guest

PTC Creo Parametric 4.0 M150 Install on Citrix server.

I am using Creo Parametric 4.0 M150

Need assistance with installing Creo Parametic correctly on a Citrix server. I currently have the application installed, but when it is launched it hangs and eventually pops up a window that the app is not responding and prompts to end the process.

2 REPLIES 2
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:TL_8417542)

My guess is you have issues with the Creo Agent files.

I added a call to parametric.bat in the installation folder to call My_Environment.bat.

In My_Environment.bat, I do the following:

@rem ***** Set Creo Agent *****
set CREO_AGENT_EXE_PATH=<My Network Path>\PTC\CreoAgent\Agent\creoagent.exe
set CREO_AGENT_LDP_LIST=<My Network Path>\PTC\CreoAgent\Platform\4\manifests

You could just add these to parametric.bat.

I am setting some other environment things, so I had the file already.

Thank your for the reply, a PTC engineer ended up contacting me and we worked through the issue. There were several changes we had to make. 

1. Modified the host file, we added the information of the license server to the host file. I believe this is custom to my environment and the testing scenario we have setup. The client machine and license server are different in domains and networks so DNS cannot be used. 

2. Firewall rules, we added the following rules. 

• Ports 7788-7789 Inbound and outbound on both the license Server and client machine. 
  • Program LMADMIN.EXE, Inbound and Outbound (Found in C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server\x86e_win64\obj), license server only.
  • Program PTC_D, Inbound and Outbound, (Found in C:\Program Files\PTC\FLEXnet Admin License Server\x86e_win64\obj), license server only

3. Add some additional syntax to the target line off the Parametric shortcut, complete the following steps

• Right click the shortcut
  • Click properties
  • Right arrow to the end of the syntax in the target field
  • add a space and the additional syntax -g:win32_gdi (This is need because it is not a graphics backed machine)

After completing everything outlined above I was able to launch Parametric 4.0 with out it hanging and any license errors. 

Top Tags