cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

PTCStatus not working

brianlynn
1-Newbie

PTCStatus not working

I have tried to use PTCStatus and get a message back saying,
">ptcstatus
'x86e_win64_ptc_setvars' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
'ptc_setvars.bat' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Could Not Find <proepath>\bin\ptc_setvars.bat
The system cannot find the path specified."

Any clue what I need to do?

Thank you,

[cid:image001.jpg@01CC2A94.EA04A0C0]
The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended by Weil-McLain & for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is directed and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please notify the sender of the error by reply email so that the sender's address records can be corrected and delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, including any reply records.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

It means that the command name 'x86e_win64_ptc_setvars' cannot be found
in the directory of system commands. Double check your PATH statement
to see if the PTC directories are listed.

I don't remember where exactly it is found. I think it's under 'My
Computer' icon in the tab 'environment variables'

Christopher F. Gosnell

FPD Company

124 Hidden Valley Road

McMurray, PA 15317

There are a couple of things that were suggested, primarily to make sure Pro/Loadpoint is in the PATH environmental variable.

Additionally when I do a search setvars on the entire hard drive, the only filename that appears with setvars in it is i486_nt_ptc_setvars.exe so I am uncertain of what the issue is.

Someone else mentioned that administrator rights might be required, if that is true then I will no longer be able to use PTCStatus, when we received our Windows 7 64-bit machines Corporate policy has been enforced and we no longer have admin rights. I can request those rights temporarily but they will not last for more than a day or two.

[cid:image001.jpg@01CC2A9D.E2FAC8A0]
The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended by Weil-McLain & for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is directed and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please notify the sender of the error by reply email so that the sender's address records can be corrected and delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, including any reply records.

First, in Pro-E, try Tools | Floating Modules and select the button
marked 'info'. This will tell you the same info as the command line
'ptcstatus' tells you.

Next select Help | System Information to see that the installation
directory correct, and the startup command is what you expect.
(something like <install dir=">/bin/proe.exe)

When you find the setvars.exe file in Windows Explorer, right click, and
double check the security / permissions and see if the read and execute
options are checked for the group / user needed.

I hope this sheds some light on the problem,

Christopher F. Gosnell

FPD Company

124 Hidden Valley Road

McMurray, PA 15317

Thanks Chris, never knew about 'Tools | Floating Modules and select the button marked info' that seems to work for me.

The System information appears to be accurate.

Thanks again,

[cid:image001.jpg@01CC2AA3.B47341F0]

I had a similar issue running proe_borrow. At run time, Pro/E looks for
an executable file with a name based on the machine type to set
variables used to launch Pro/E. This executable file is created at
install (I think) based on the processor type that PTC Setup finds. I
bet your executable is not named properly. It's looking for a file
named 'x86e_win64_ptc_setvars.exe' but it's not there. I think you'll
find another exe file there with a similar file name. For us, I made a
copy of that file and renamed it the name that Pro/E wanted and it ran
fine after that.

Doug Schaefer
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer