As we've spent recent time installing and figuring out Performance Advisor we're left with the questions, Why is this so complicated?
As we understand it:
1) Creo xtop.exe is what creates the files in the QualityAgent\unprocessed folders.
2) qualityagent.exe is what creates the files in QualityAgent\Outbox folders by processing the "unprocessed" folder.
3) creoagent.exe is what processes the Outbox files into the Sent Files folder and sends those to PTC Server
4) Registry Keys must be created on each client.
5) Quality Agent path can be controlled with config option. (quality_agent_path)
6) Another config option can determine if data is sent to "exit logger" or "quality_agent". (session_log_mechanism)
7) Performance Advisor browser home takes too long to update data.
Just my opinion. I could be wrong in understanding the puzzle pieces.