cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Possible to use Reconfigure to have one configuration that pulls a local license, and another that pulls a license from a license server?

swalsh
1-Newbie

Possible to use Reconfigure to have one configuration that pulls a local license, and another that pulls a license from a license server?

I have a user who is working remote.  He has a laptop with a local license that works for most applications.  Occasionally he needs to use a license we only have on the license server as a floating license.  Is it possible to have two configurations; one that pulls from the local file, and the other that pulls from the license server?

5 REPLIES 5
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:swalsh)

Scott,

Yes, you can create two configurations for Creo start. This all needs to be done using reconfigure.exe which is in <Install dir>\parametric\bin.

Once you will execute reconfigure.exe move to second window > Add License server (which will provide additional license) > Next > Customize Application > Command Configuration > Add > Change Description and name of command > Have required license in left which is needed for that specific startup command > Ok > Ok.

This will create two commands and which user will execute Creo there will a window to select start command.

I hope this will help.

This is exactly what I have tried.  Once the license server is installed however, the local license is ignored and it always pulls a license from the server.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Scott,

Try making changes for license priority in PSF files (available in bin folder).

Edit line for PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=7788@LOCAL_LICENSE_SERVER;7788@REMOTE_LICENSE_SERVER

Hi,

I prefer managing startup configurations manually in Notepad instead of using reconfigure.exe.

1.]

In CR2 go to Creo2_loadpoint\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin directory

In CR3 go to Creo3_loadpoint\Creo 3.0\Mxxx\Parametric\bin directory

2.]

Installation manager creates parametric.psf configuration by default.

If you need more than one configuration, you can copy parametric.psf several times and rename copies according your needs.

3.]

Inside psf file there are 3 important lines:

DESC=here you can type any text describing the purpose of startup configuration

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=7788@servername

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=licensename (extension list)

---

Example:

DESC=Creo Parametric

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=7788@servername1;7788@servername2

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=PROE_FoundationAdv (127)

4.]

If you create shortcut to parametric.exe and launch Creo using it, you will see dialog box containing list of startup configurations.

MH

Martin Hanák
Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I

Scott,

Did you manage to get it working?

Top Tags