cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Preventing users from hitting Export Configurations... button

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Preventing users from hitting Export Configurations... button

Starting with Creo PTC changed the way that user config options where saved. When a user goes to File-> Options  there is an "export configurations" button that exports all config.pro settings to a single file. This includes any company config settings that are loaded with a startup script.

How are other folks preventing users from accidentally copying the company settings into their own local config.pro?

I will probably generate a mapkey that picks the "only changed" filter, then the export per current filter option and embed that in the UI but I would like to know if there are any better options that other people have come up with.

2 REPLIES 2

@Chris3 wrote:

Starting with Creo PTC changed the way that user config options where saved. When a user goes to File-> Options  there is an "export configurations" button that exports all config.pro settings to a single file. This includes any company config settings that are loaded with a startup script.

How are other folks preventing users from accidentally copying the company settings into their own local config.pro?

I will probably generate a mapkey that picks the "only changed" filter, then the export per current filter option and embed that in the UI but I would like to know if there are any better options that other people have come up with.

Hi,

theoretically ... you can develop a script, that compares user config.pro with company config.pro and removes all identical rows from user config.pro. You can incorporate such script into Creo startup script.

Martin Hanák
lhoogeveen
17-Peridot
(To:Chris3)

Has anyone created a product idea for this? We have the same problem and it usually comes up when we change standard config.pro settings/mapkeys or do a Creo upgrade. Without much success, I usually instruct people to only edit config.pro files in Notepad so they only intentionally put things into their local options. I created this product idea to Allow Mapkeys in the Config.sup to partially deal with this headache for mapkeys.

Top Tags