cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Printer select by Paper Size

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor

Printer select by Paper Size

Hi,

I think this is possible, but I don´t know how to do it:

We have a plotter and a printer(Okic5600).

I want to create a mapkey to print with the following condition:

If paper size=A4 send to Printer

Else

Send to Plotter

I´m trying to achieve this with one single click. Can this be done using the PCF files?

I'm also having problems configuring the pcf file for the Oki printer. I made a copy of generic postscript pcf file and added the Plotter Command: WINDOWS_PRINT_MANAGER OkiC5600

It always returns an error message on printer:"Error: Invalid Data"

I tried through DOS commands too (using "print /d", "lpr" and "net use") always getting the same result.

I´m using Creo 2 on Win7 and the printer is directly conected to the network.

Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Jose,

1.]

In PCF file, you cannot use IF-THEN-ELSE command.

2.]

According to http://www.okic5600.co.uk/index.asp?content=okic5600spec , your printer does not understand Postscript language (see Printer languages section). You have to print using MS Printer Manager from Creo.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your help.

I think that I gonna give up of the automatic printer selection for now.

If I can´t use a pcf file to control the printer, I will create a mapkey using the Ms Printer Manager and then call a script to automate the process.

Jose

Jose_Costa
6-Contributor
(To:Jose_Costa)

I come back to this subject using another aproach.

My main target is to have only one mapkey to print/plot drawings.

By now, I have two mapkeys: one that sends a drawing to a printer, and other thats sends to a plotter.

I´m trying to create a third mapkey using a small external script that reads the value of the drawing parameter "$format" then calls the designated mapkey.

This is the only thing that is missing. If it was a normal parameter I could edit it and copy the value to the clipboard and it was done. Now, as it is a system parameter I don´t know how to get it.

Any ideas ?

José

Jose,

you can put plotter_command option, see the following example:

plotter_command CMD /C c:\bin\printfile.bat

In printfile.bat you can do what do you want...

Print file is passed on as 1st argument when printfile.bat is called, therefore you can use %1 inside it.

%1 represents print file, you can analyze its contents and look for drawing size. Then you can send print file to the right printer.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags