cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Pro/E Stops Launching on New Window 7 Workstation

MikeBills
7-Bedrock

Pro/E Stops Launching on New Window 7 Workstation

Pro/Users,

I was wondering if someone else has seen this. A couple weeks back we moved one of our NC programmers to a new Windows 7, 64 bit workstation. After running WF4 M070 successfully for about a week, all of the sudden it would no longer launch. Xtop.exe never appeared in the task manager. Looked at the firewall settings and nothing appeared to be getting blocked. We could launch other builds of Pro like M120 and M150 though. Since I have higher administrative rights, I logged in for testing and the different builds of Pro/E and Pro/NC launched without a hitch. When we switched users back to the NC programmer and attempted to launch M070, it worked. Something must be getting reset. Things seemed good for couple more days and then it suddenly stopped working again (fyi, had several reboots during the working streak). The switching of the users worked again. This band-aid solution is going to get old in a hurry. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Mike Bills
Ingersoll Cutting Tools Company
Rockford, IL

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

I could be wrong, but I thought that WF4 M110 and above are the only
versions compatible with Windows 7 64-bit.

We are running M140 without issues.

I will suggest to upgrade your build version.

Damián Castillo
CAD & Administration Manager
Engineering Department
Hensley Industries

I'm looking at moving to the FTP method of transferring files between the server and the worker.

Anyone done this, have any tips?

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

One of my users got a new computer with Windows 7 on it. I've been looking on the web for a driver for our large plotter. No luck yet.

Any suggestions?

Printer = Designjet 755cm
OS = Windows 7
Autocad is his main program

David Haigh
Phone: 925-424-3931
Fax: 925-423-7496
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
7000 East Ave, L-362
Livermore, CA 94550

Try a Driver for a different model of the HP such as the HP800. Sometimes
the newer print drivers work for the older models.

Here is a link that I found, that may be helpful. 2/3 down you will find
a link to a driver that seemed to work for some.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags