cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Pro/E laptop

ptc-1384213
1-Newbie

Pro/E laptop

What is the best 15" laptop for Pro/E?
6 REPLIES 6

my dell precision m70 has done all I asked of it for the last 4 years.

And my HP Pavilion dv9000 has been super for about 3 years.

Nikolaj, If you go to PTC's site they will give you an entire list of supported machines to run Pro/Engineer. You can search by Partner or by Product. We have been using Dell M64's, but are in the process of switching to 17inch laptops. This link will get you to this, it might be easier to look by Partner (updated on Feb 22, 2010 for Dell) and then decide which would work best for you. Here is the link to get to this site: http://www.ptc.com/partners/hardware/current/support.htm Dennis

What kind of money are you looking to spend? That will greatly affect what would be your best choice. I know you asked about 15"ers, but I have a 17" Dell Precision 6400. Quad core, LED screen, 1 gig video card, just about the best of everything. And this thing is a workhorse. It can seamlessly rotate the most complex 3D parts, with no screen freezing or stepping, has great color representation (if anyone has yet to see an LED screen, you will never want anything else once you have had one), and also has a numeric keyboard. But to buy this same computer will set you back about $4000. Worth every penny I spent my book, but that may be more than you are looking to spend. It also weighs about 12lbs including the massive 220 watt power adapter. It is heavy, but that is just the price you pay for that much computing power.It is definitely not light, but I carry it every day and don't even really notice the size and weight any more.

I would agree with Phill on the M6400, as that is also what I am using. The only drawback I have had, is the ones we have are only 32bit operating systems, and I have run into the 3GB RAM limit on the machine. Dennis

"Dennis Rehmer" wrote:

I would agree with Phill on the M6400, as that is also what I am using. The only drawback I have had, is the ones we have are only 32bit operating systems, and I have run into the 3GB RAM limit on the machine. Dennis

Top Tags