cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Problem installing Creo 3 on PC that is still running 2001

cstarnes
10-Marble

Problem installing Creo 3 on PC that is still running 2001

We have a machine running an old full blown copy of proe 2001 (don't ask ), and I am trying to install Creo 3 on it as well. Flexnet is running locally with a new license file I just generated on PTC support, and LM_LICENSE_FILE is pointing to the latest license. The license file has lines for Creo 3, and our history on PTC support also says that this license will support Creo 3.

When I install Creo M110, the installer doesn't see the license server. So I skipped licensing (since the server is already running with a new license)....but Creo won't run. I get an "Invalid feature name" error, and "Could not connect to the server: [LICENSE_IDENTIFIERS]". I launched Proe 2001 immediately after that, and it still comes up fine. Any ideas?

If it matters, our maintenance on this license expired in December of 2014, but I was still able to generate a new license file from PTC this morning...so if it says it runs Creo 3, I'm thinking it should... right?

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:cstarnes)

You probably need a newer version of Flexnet.  What version are you currently running?

cstarnes
10-Marble
(To:TomU)

v10.8.5.0 build 31891 i86_n3

If it was a Flexnet issue, I think there would be problems with lmgrd using the brand new license file... right? I assumed everything after 7.1 (or was it 8.1?) using the SIGN attributes should be good to go.

Hi,

1.]

I think FLEXnet 10.8.5.0 is OK. I use FLEXnet 10.8.10 on Windows 7 64-bit.

2.]

You skipped licensing during installation. Therefore installation procedure did not created parametric.psf file in Creo bin subdirectory and you cannot launch Creo.

My suggestion:

• uninstall Creo 3.0 ... and also PTC Quality Agent ... and also Creo Platform 3.xxx
  • do new fresh installation and enter 7788@licenseservername as license source

MH

Martin Hanák
cstarnes
10-Marble
(To:TomU)

Just for giggles, I stopped the running flexnet service and let setup create the new lmadmin service by dragging the license file into the box. Installation went smoothly and ProE still works fine with the new service, but I get the same errors when launching Creo.

Something's not jiving in the license file.

After playing with the license server and reconfiguring about 5 times, I finally got it to work.  Piece of cake.   LOL

Top Tags