cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Problem with Creo 1.0 parametric School edit. - config.pro

ptc-5277177
1-Newbie

Problem with Creo 1.0 parametric School edit. - config.pro

Hi, i have problem with config.pro. I have got files copied from school (config.pro, config.win,std.out and stn.dlt) to work with configuration of school. But when I take that files to Start working directory Documents\PTC for example, Creo will not vork. When I delete config.pro everithing is work but configuration is diferent. Sorry for mi English Please help me with that. I take here that files, try if it works in your Creo 1.0 Parametric or tell where is problem.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

The config.win is not longer valid with Creo Parametric 1.0, it only applies to Creo Elements/Pro and older. You can throw that one out.

The std.out is an error file and is not loaded at startup, so you can throw it out too.

The stn.dtl file is for drawing options. It can go anywhere but will need a line in the config.pro pointing to the file. Something like this:

drawing_setup_file P:\config\drawing_setup_files\in.dtl

You'll need to replace the path & file name with your information.

So, the only file you need to use is the config.pro. Try it with just that in your start up directory and see what happens.

If you still have problem loading Creo Parametric, look to see if Creo created a new std.out file. If it did, open it in a text edit or like Notepad and see if there are invalid options in your config.pro file. If there are, open the config.pro in Notepad and delete that line and try again.

If you still cannot open Creo, load only half of the config.pro at a time. Make sure you have a complete copy of your config.pro somewhere else and then open it and delete half of the file and save it. If Creo opens, you know the problem was in the part you deleted. If not, then the problem is in the part that remains. Take the half that is bad and cut half out again. By doing so, you can find the option that is causing Creo not to load.

Good luck,

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

Ok i try it ... I hope that works Thanks for now .

Top Tags