cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Problem with the model window

ptc-4029732
1-Newbie

Problem with the model window

Hi. I have a problem on a Dell Precission M4600 W7 / 64 bit professionel.

The mouse works only in the menu and task bar, but it is not possible to work in the model window and execute commands there. I have aleready changed the graphic card. Than the problem was solved for three days and now the issue is back.

Is that a problem what I have to solve with Dell??? On the other hand I have installed Delcam`s PowerShape and that product run`s fine???

Thanks for help in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Hi Heiko...

How long have you been using Pro/E on this workstation? If this is a new workstation with a new installation of Pro/E or Creo, perhaps the install was incomplete. I'd suggest checking for updated drivers for your mouse and graphics card. I'd also check to make sure your graphics card is supported by PTC for your specific version of Creo or Pro/E. If you call customer support, that's one of the first things they'll try to determine.

After the drivers are confirmed to be updated, try re-installing Pro/E again. Let us know if the problem recurs. If you changed the graphics card and the problem went away, this sounds like a graphics issue. You may try turning on software graphics as a temporary fix? Go into your config.pro file (or Tools>Options) and set the following option:

graphics win32_gdi

Usually this is set to opengl but it's well-known that sometimes graphics issues can be resolved (or at least narrowed down) by trying this option.

Let us know if any of these suggestions worked for you.

Thanks!

-Brian

Top Tags