cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Problems with PRO/E crashing while saving

ptc-5238105
1-Newbie

Problems with PRO/E crashing while saving

Hi friends!

I am having trouble with PRO/E crashing whenever I save my file. When I open up the program to retrieve the files after it crashes, the file reverts back to the old version. I've tried this several times and it won't save my file after I make changes to it. If anyone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Ali

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Try rebooting your system to clear your memory. Ultimately you probably need more RAM memory.

Alwasy good to try rebooting...if that doesn't work, some questions for you:

• What version of ProE are you using?
  • Are you using PDMLink, another database, or ProE by itself?
  • Are there any Family Tables involved?
  • Part or Assembly?

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"

I rebooted and it does the same thing

-My ProE version 5 and it is a Student Edition.

-I'm saving the file to a folder on my desktop.

-I don't have any family tables involved

-It is a part file

Unfortunately, most of cannot open student versions.

http://www.ptc.com/company/community/education/support/

Hmm, Can you open the file make a small change (like supress and unsupress a feature), then save with out it crashing? If so maybe you can identify what types of changes actually cause it to crash.

Don't quote me but I seem to remember that the peopole who had difficulties with the student version were trying to install in on Win7. I successfully installed and used it on my brothers Win Vista Computer, but don't have much more experience with the student version than that. I can imagine that your problem could be related to licensing errors and crashing, but don't know much more about it.

I think you are at the mercy of PTC customer support...Good luck and sorry that I could not help more!

"When you reward an activity, you get more of it!"

I suspect your part is corrupted. I suggest filing a support case and submit the files and the changes that cause the problem. Also, if you can screencap a video to show exactly what is going on, they can easily reproduce the problem.

You can also post it here and we can see if it is a version issue or more serious. Go to Use advanced editor and you can post files here.

This is a pretty good video screencap that works from the web...

http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/

Top Tags