cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Programming for creo customization/automation

sammy1994
11-Garnet

Programming for creo customization/automation

Hi!! Im new to creo and i have been assigned the task of customizing/automating creo for increasing the productivity. I would appreciate if anyone would help me know which is the easiest programming language i can use for this(open source software only).

I have heard about creoson & autoit.(just heard about them but never used)

For a beginner in programming which one would be the best for me to start with. 

2 REPLIES 2
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:sammy1994)

Lots of people use AutoIT. Another way to do it is to record a mapkey in Creo and then look at the output and use a programming language of your choice to dynamically generate mapkeys outside of Creo which can then be read back into Creo. Something like this (which calls VBS):

mapkey(continued) @SYSTEMpath_to_custom_script.VBS;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `appl_casc`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `appl_casc`;~ Command `ProCmdRibbonOptionsDlg` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `ribbon_options_dialog` `PageSwitcherPageList` 1 `ConfigLayout`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `ribbon_options_dialog` `ConfigLayout.ImportExportBtn`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `ribbon_options_dialog` `ConfigLayout.ImportExportBtn`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `ribbon_options_dialog` `ConfigLayout.Open`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Trail `UI Desktop` `UI Desktop` `DLG_PREVIEW_POST` `file_open`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `file_open` `file_open`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Update `file_open` `Inputname` `C:\\config.pro`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `file_open` `Inputname`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `ribbon_options_dialog` `OkPshBtn`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ FocusIn `UITools Msg Dialog Future` `no`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `UITools Msg Dialog Future` `no`;\
mapkey(continued) %mapkey;\

The above calls a VBS file which then generates a mapkey in a config.pro and then Creo loads it back in via the config.pro file and then calls the mapkey

Thanks a lot for your response!!

By VBS do you mean visual basic script?

Top Tags