cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Querying checkout status with Search Tool

awei3
12-Amethyst

Querying checkout status with Search Tool

Is there any way to query for checked out parts using the search tool? Trying to develop some mapkey automation and that's holding me up.

5 REPLIES 5
lhoogeveen
17-Peridot
(To:awei3)

Maybe? I forget how to use the Search Tool most of the time but you one idea would be to try to find the Database Status that you can show via Model Tree Columns. Not sure if this would be a searchable parameter or not.

Model Tree Columns for Checked Out.jpg

awei3
12-Amethyst
(To:lhoogeveen)

Haven't been able to find it in the Search tool (yet), I'll keep looking. That gives me some hope for it being somewhere in the tool. It's weird how "Database Status" has a space in it though, something tells me that might not be a built-in parameter to Creo.

lhoogeveen
17-Peridot

I forget how to search for parts via parameters and parameter values in assemblies through the Search Tool. If you know how to do this and want to post a screenshot or the steps to do this, I could search on my machine as well.

awei3
12-Amethyst
(To:lhoogeveen)

Hit Ctrl-F to open up the search tool. Parameters are typically accessible through the Attributes Tab, Expression. It's a hornets nest of what will be available for selection though (or if the Attributes tab is even available) it highly depends on what Look for and Look by optoin you have selected. I'm doing this wih an assembly open. Some options are not available in part view.

If I have Look for-Solid Model and Look By-Solid Model selected, then most model parameters and windchill assigned parameters show up. I have a hunch that Database Status is not an actual parameter, since it has a space, and also doesn't show up in the drop down. I'm wondering whether it might appear in another field such as Attributes-Property, Status-Attributes, Status-Regeneration, but it's a bit of a crapshoot digging through all the possible Look for and Look by combinations.

lhoogeveen
17-Peridot

Leave it to PTC to expect users to figure out Expression = Parameter and Symbol = Parameter Name.

One idea could be to use the PTC_MODIFIED parameter. It won't really tell you whether it's checked out but it could tell you if an object has been locally modified.

Top Tags