cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Question regarding to configuring floating license for Creo 3.0

mtaheri
1-Newbie

Question regarding to configuring floating license for Creo 3.0

Hello All,

Sorry, I have just started and want to install PTC Creo 3.0. Actually there are multiple users in the system, So can I configure the license as the floating one, instead of the Node-Locked for Creo product? And also I don't know where I can find the FlexNet License server ! Is it included in the PTC Creo package or I have to order that separately ?

Thanks so much.

4 REPLIES 4

Node-Locked and Floating are different types of license and have also different cost.

Floating are more expensive.

FlexNet are in the CD of Creo.

Marco

Thanks so much.

Maedeh,

if your license file contains lines with keywords SERVER and DAEMON then your licenses are floating and can be called from any PC in LAN. Node-locked license file does not contain keywords SERVER and DAEMON. Node-locked license can be call from specific PC, only (MAC address of LAN card is included in INCREMENT block). Node-locked license does not need FLEXnet license manager installation.

If you own floating licenses, go to http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/121640/en/PTC_LMS_Download.pdf. This document contains links to FLEXnet license manager installation packages.

I am using Lmgrd 10.8.10 version in combination with Creo 3.0.

You can read https://support.ptc.com/appserver/wcms/standards/ssl/freefull_cskdb.jsp?im_dbkey=90870 to get some information about installation.

When FLEXnet license manager installation is finished then you can install Creo application and use 7788@licenseservername as source of licenses.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hello Martin,

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate that .

Top Tags