cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Replace by unrelated - Remember These

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Replace by unrelated - Remember These

WF4, M190

I think I may have made a mess.

When replacing by unrelated component in WF4, there's a check box to 'Remember these components.'  I recall that this creates some kind of connection between the two, a bit like an interchange assembly.  I also believe there is a config option to turn that off (clear the checkbox) by default.  I thought I had set it, but it seems that I had not since it's coming up checked by default.

I've made quite a few replacements in my database, and I fear that I've created a bunch of unwanted relationships.  Is there a simple way to look for those and clear them and if so, where would I look?

Also, what is the config option to turn it off?

We do not have Intralink or PDMLink.

Thanks,

--
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
1 REPLY 1

Thanks.  I looked in the GRV for external references on an assy where I know I made replacements and didn’t see any, so maybe I’m OK.  We’ll see.

Interestingly, I had added that config option to our config.sup for WF, Creo1 & Creo2 but not WF4.  It’s in there now.

Anyone know if this is something that was added to a later maintenance build of WF4?

--
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags