cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Right-click and middle mouse button does not work.....

ptc-5108723
1-Newbie

Right-click and middle mouse button does not work.....

I originally had Wildfire 5 on a seperate computer. I recently upgraded to Creo 2.0 on a seperate laptop and for some reason the right-click and middle mouse button will work for about 30 minutes, but after, my right-click and middle mouse button stop working.. I am not sure if this is a Creo issue or an issue with my laptop. I've messed with the mouse settings on my laptop, not sure how to change the mouse settings in Creo.

Frustrating...I've been trying to fix this issue for weeks...

10 REPLIES 10

Thats not an issue I have ever seen or heard of in Creo. Sounds more like you are having an issue with your computer or you mouse. Seems odd that it would for awhile then just stop.

Basic IT recommendations would be, restart your computer, get a different mouse. I'm guess you've already done those.

Yeah, I've done that. After I've restarted my computer, the buttons work. However, after about 30 minutes, the buttons no longer work.

Do the buttons stop working for all programs or just Creo? If they stop for all programs it might be a hardware issue, if the touchpad ribbon cable is not connected securely or properly, I could see this happening. If you feel confident enough to try a repair yourself ,remove the key board then the palmrest and finally remove and resecure the ribbon cable on the touchpad . Sometimes it's as simple as that.

Just Creo. I can scroll/zoom in and out with the middle mouse button but it will not let me drag holding shift or do anything regarding my right mouse button.

Well I'm out of idea, you will probably have to log a case with PTC. Good luck.

I have the same issue...It is Creo 2.0 that is the issue. Restarting Creo clears it up. I also seem to lose preselection. Very frustrated with Creo 2

I've had a similar issue (I'm new to PTC/ProE) and I've just discovered that you just need to click and HOLD the right mouse button. For some reason, the single RMB click does not work like in any other software...

It works like that, because right-click in graphics window switches preselection highlighting to next available item (feature, geometry, etc.). That way it leaves click and hold in graphics window to show shortcut menu. Right-click in model tree gets you shortcut menu immediately.

This is extremely tricky for users of many other CAD packages. It just tripped me up which brought me here - thanks for the information!

Thankyou, holding right click down does the trick. Smiley Very Happy

Top Tags