cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Save a Copy wants to rename part

RodneyDecker-di
1-Newbie

Save a Copy wants to rename part

I have ran into a situation that I have not seen before when saving a copy of an assembly. I wish to save a copy of the top level assembly, which is made up of sub-assembly, sub-sub-assembly, and components (i.e. 3 levels in top assembly). When I saved a copy I wish to reuse everything, and Pro/E allows reuse of all sub-components except one. For some reason it will not let me reuse a part in the 3rd sub-assembly level. Neither the part nor any of its upper-level assemblies have been modified yet I can not save the new top level assembly until it (and of course the intervening sub-assemblies as well) is renamed. I have saved copies several times before, even of this same original assembly and never had this happen. Has anyone seen this issue before? If so, how did you resolve it? I really DON'T want to rename something that has no need to be renamed, thus creating new parts & assemblies, then have to replace them all over again. TIA, Rodney WF3 M140
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Rodney, does your component have references to your assembly (external references) ? Reinhard

"Reinhard Nueckel" wrote:

Rodney, does your component have references to your assembly (external references) ? Reinhard

Top Tags