cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Selecting Creo License on Start -Up

KG_9368596
3-Visitor

Selecting Creo License on Start -Up

Before we were able to start up Creo and it would ask us select which floating license to use.

PROE_DesignEss or PROE_DesignAdv.

Now it will default to whatever the default parametric.psf license is first. I can switch it back and forth manually but would like to get back that option for selection we have previously so our users can select it instead of needing to manually change the file.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:KG_9368596)

Do you have a single .PSf file with the licenses on a single line OR multiple PSF files, one for each license?

If multiple PSF files, you will be prompted to select which one to use.

With a single PSF, the system will use the first license type until used up, then the second license type, etc.

Another option is to use a command/batch file for launching Creo where the users can select which license to use for that session of Creo. This is the option I use. It also allows me to control things like drawing templates and which Windchill system to use. (I had 2 Windchill systems utilizing a common network installation of Creo.)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Do you have a single .PSf file with the licenses on a single line OR multiple PSF files, one for each license?

If multiple PSF files, you will be prompted to select which one to use.

With a single PSF, the system will use the first license type until used up, then the second license type, etc.

Another option is to use a command/batch file for launching Creo where the users can select which license to use for that session of Creo. This is the option I use. It also allows me to control things like drawing templates and which Windchill system to use. (I had 2 Windchill systems utilizing a common network installation of Creo.)

How can you set up the command/batch file for launching Creo? I have it to where it is a single PSF file which makes sense on how it works.

I am sort of new to this and was thrown into this mini project.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

The scripting is pretty easy if you understand it. 

What is your need for using different Creo licenses? If it is only a limitation of licenses, then the single PSF file should do what you need. If you need to control who uses which license, this can be done from the menu script, from a dedicated icon on the user desktop to the right parametric batch file which calls the right PSF or you can control license reservation in an option file of the FlexLM licensing tool.

I was able to figure out the customize feature for here and add the start up option. Thanks for the assistants!

KG_9368596_0-1680295271808.png

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

The Creo launch command listing

BenLoosli_0-1680293314740.png

I now use it for different builds of Creo 7.

There are a few times when running Creo 4 is still required.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags