cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Selecting Creo License on Start -Up

JD_10621397
4-Participant

Selecting Creo License on Start -Up

As per the original post

I am atttempting to write  a batch file to open and automatically run a specific license, THEN if i can get past that point i would like to have it login to winchill automatically also. HOWEVER I am on the fist step and i cannot seem to bypass the license options window and i have to select enter each time. would you be willing to let me know what your backend batch file code was that when the users select #6 is starts in design essesntials instead of the native filing ..etc?

currently i am simply calling the code below but it has no direction as to which license to use so it promts a window for selection:

CALL "Z:\CREO4\Creo 4.0\M150\Parametric\bin\Parametric.exe"

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Is there is only one psf file then Creo will use that without a prompt. Our batch file deletes all of the psf files and then copies only the one down that the user wants via a batch file. Not having this psf file in the folder will cause some issues like if the user needs to run a sensitivity analysis in Simulate (because it launches another instance of Creo in the background) but it solves the issue of users launching Creo without the startup script.

To solve the Windchill question you might be interested in this post:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/How-to-register-automatically-the-server-name/m-p/760719/highlight/true#M65224 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:JD_10621397)

Calling the .exe will always prompt for the license as it has not been selected. I create individual parametric.psf files and parametric.bat files for each license and then call the batch file directly from my script that allows the user to select the license of choice.

with bens help i was able to reverse engineer some of his code, and found that if i apply the correct .psf file to the back end of the .exe call, it will login using that specific license.

Below is the example i have in my batch file, it calls parametric, and logs in utilizing the "general" License ( aparametric.psf):

CALL "Z:\CREO4\Creo 4.0\M150\Parametric\bin\Parametric.exe" "Z:\CREO4\Creo 4.0\M150\Parametric\bin\aparametric.psf"

Is there is only one psf file then Creo will use that without a prompt. Our batch file deletes all of the psf files and then copies only the one down that the user wants via a batch file. Not having this psf file in the folder will cause some issues like if the user needs to run a sensitivity analysis in Simulate (because it launches another instance of Creo in the background) but it solves the issue of users launching Creo without the startup script.

To solve the Windchill question you might be interested in this post:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/How-to-register-automatically-the-server-name/m-p/760719/highlight/true#M65224 

JD_10621397
4-Participant
(To:Chris3)

Deleting the other files each time is a great trick! that totally makes sense, and thankyou for pointing me to the windchill link! that is exactly what i was looking for!

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags