cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Set PARTNO with relation?

raviles
4-Participant

Set PARTNO with relation?

Folks,

I understand that the system variable 'PTC_MFG_PRM_PARTNO' contains the PARTNO which is output in the CL file, like so in red:

$$*          Pro/CLfile  Version 2.0 - M100

$$-> MFGNO / 12345_67890_BOLSTER_PLATE

PARTNO / 12345-67890 BOLSTER PLATE

$$-> FEATNO / 48

MACHIN / UNCX01, 1

$$-> CUTCOM_GEOMETRY_TYPE / OUTPUT_ON_CENTER

UNITS / MM

Is there a way to set or define 'PTC_MFG_PRM_PARTNO' with a relation? I tried doing this but I received a "Verify Relations" error message.

Thanks,

Ray Aviles

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:raviles)

Hello Ramon,

PARTNO output is based on operation parameter PARTNO or - if the parameter is empty ( - ) the model name will be output.

I assume the parameter PTC_MFG_PRM_PARTNO is just internally used and hence is read only. See article CS185968

Basically it should be possible to drive PARTNO with a relation like: PARTNO:FID_<operation ID> = "whateveryoulike"
However, it seems the mechanisms of CLDATA generation requires an extra trigger for the change to take effect, i.e. use Edit Definition to see CLDATA changed.

Thanks,

Gunter

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KenFarley
21-Topaz I

You gave us the error message, but didn't tell us what relation caused it. Was it a syntax error, missing quote? We don't know.

I would think that a normal relation like the following should work

PTC_MFG_PRM_PARTNO = "My Part Number"

Judging from the line in the CL file it looks like this parameter is a STRING type, so this should work.

raviles
4-Participant
(To:KenFarley)

Ken,

I agree, the 'Verify Relations' error message is pretty vague. The attached picture clarifies the problem, and the source parameter is a string. I also tried a string of text as in your example, but it appears that Creo doesn't like us messing with this parameter.

Thanks,

Ray Aviles

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

Seems like a situation where some other file is setting the value and thus overwrites any change made outside of the manufacturing module? I know in the past I've changed that particular parameter, but in the options setting part of the program.

raviles
4-Participant
(To:KenFarley)

Ken,

I'm not sure what would prevent setting the PARTNO with a relation. Use of a relation to automatically set PARTNO instead of manually entering text in the PARTNO text box makes sense to me.

Thanks,

Ray Aviles

gkoch
1-Newbie

Hello Ramon,

PARTNO output is based on operation parameter PARTNO or - if the parameter is empty ( - ) the model name will be output.

I assume the parameter PTC_MFG_PRM_PARTNO is just internally used and hence is read only. See article CS185968

Basically it should be possible to drive PARTNO with a relation like: PARTNO:FID_<operation ID> = "whateveryoulike"
However, it seems the mechanisms of CLDATA generation requires an extra trigger for the change to take effect, i.e. use Edit Definition to see CLDATA changed.

Thanks,

Gunter

raviles
4-Participant
(To:gkoch)

Gunter,

Thanks for the information. I read the article and posted my two cents. I'll try your suggestion and post my results.

Ray Aviles

Top Tags