cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Slow importing and exporting

JG_10769564
3-Visitor

Slow importing and exporting

I am using Creo Parametric Release 8.0 and Datecode8.0.4.0

I'm an IT system administrator and I have a single user having an issue with the speed of loading and exporting drawings to our servers. I currently have article CS49886 up and i've investigated the files and locations mentioned in the article.

1) I need to know if I just delete the whole .wf file in order to clear the cache or if there is another method.
2) in the suggested technique for improving retrieval performance article I can find config.pro and the value Trail_Dir but I cannot find the value Use_tem_dire_for_isnt to alter it to yes. Please advise.

EDIT:  Thank you for your responses! I appreciate it!

Clearing the .wf cache didn't seem to have any impact.

Looking at the history of the ticket further what happened is that august 23rd the CREO user couldn't contact the license server even though the network remained in tact.  Ever since that point it's been slow for the user.  All other users are unaffected across our locations.

I've checked users GPU drivers and run diadax, I've been through the license server and checked on it's health.  I've checked the users internet connection and connection to the license server.  Until the short lived issue where it wouldn't see the license server it ran fine.  User ALSO has creo 9 installed and that also runs slowly.   Any other thoughts?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:JG_10769564)

3 REPLIES 3
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Be sure the user has saved all of their files and closed Creo, then you can delete the .wf folder to clear the cache.

That value may not be in any config.pro file directly. There is a system file that loads the default config options that it may be in. Open Creo and go to File Options, Configuration. This will open the configuration editor. Select Find and then enter the option you are looking for. This will display the system default setting for that option.

To see ALL config.pro options use this web site: Complete lists of Config.pro Options – CreoSite

StephenW
23-Emerald II

StephenW_0-1693418991976.png

mkajdan
14-Alexandrite

The option you need to alter is this one.

use_temp_dir_for_inst

mkajdan_0-1693423329210.png

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags