cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Summary: Run Batch file after Creo exit

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

Summary: Run Batch file after Creo exit

I received some great responses (detailed below) but in the end I punted and went with this simple strategy (run at launch):

xcopy /q /y /e /d %proe_user_cache_bu%*.xml %proe_user_cache%
xcopy /q /y /e /d %proe_user_cache_bu%*.ui %proe_user_cache%
xcopy /q /y /e /d %proe_user_cache%*.xml %proe_user_cache_bu%
xcopy /q /y /e /d %proe_user_cache%*.ui %proe_user_cache_bu%

proe_user_chache is the server folder, proe_user_chache_bu is the local cache.  So, I copy local to server (if newer) then copy server to local (if newer).  I think this should make sure the newest file is in both places.

The only situation that doesn't cover is a user logging onto a shared workstation and making a change to their UI file or adding a favorite and then returning to their own PC.  They would not get their updates since this isn't run until the next launch of Creo.  That's a rare event and a limitation I can live with and was quick to implement.  Re-launching Creo before they log off or returning to the shared workstation and launching Creo should fix it if needed.  Typically, changes made on a shared workstation are small and easy to redo.

Original question & responses below.

Thanks,

--
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags