cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

System req. for Creo/WF5

six10
4-Participant

System req. for Creo/WF5

Hello,

I have a question regarding Creo and ProE WF5 system requirements for smooth running in assembly and mechanism module up to cca 5000 parts.

Right now the workstation is composed with the following conponents:

I7 920

Asus Rampage 2 Gene

3GB DDR3 1300 Tripple Channel

650W PSU

+ ancient ATI x1950 PRO from my previous computer

Being a student I could not afford a graphics card just yet, so my question is will this work station with the addition of nVidia Quadro 600 be able to run smoothly with Creo or WF5 in assembly and mechanism module up to around 5000 parts?

Right now with the old ATI card i cannot even assemble and run mechanism with chain and 2 sprockets in WF5, which consists of around 300 parts. The system lags just to much in the mechanism module. Obviously the Quadro cards are very expensive, so I do not want to buy the card only to be disappointed with the overall system performance in Pro Engineer.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:six10)

Slavko,

according to my experience you don't need expensive and superpowerfull graphics card to create 5000 part assembly. You need powerfull processor (I think Intel I7 is OK), 64-bit operating system and enough RAM (to prevent swapping efect). In case of Windows 7 64-bit, the default amount of RAM is 8 GB.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags